The Sky Bridge - Pathway to Spiritual Living in Jesus Christ
|Source Julie Snyder|
When Jesus tells this story, He includes one assumption in the story that is not mentioned: the role of the imagination. Jesus implies here that when a man looks lustfully, he IMAGINES himself being with that woman in an evil way.
Jesus then considered man's use of imagination in this context as a form of REAL spiritual substance. We can therefore say then that what comes out of a man's heart and forms in his imagination is a spiritual REALITY in him. Is there any argument with this? When Jesus says "already" He implies a spiritual condition of seeing oneself engaged in the act. Now this implication of Jesus gives us a clue as to the truth of what is existing within the human being. When man has real thoughts, even if it is conjectured in the imagination, these thoughts carry something real. These REALITIES are a set of properties that include real moral value as determined by the design of God.
The beautiful thing is this negative example in scripture actually gives us such insight into OUR nature as people created by God. Here is what we can conclude if Jesus meant what He said and these claims are true.
1. Imaginations have real mental, spiritual, and emotional properties that arise from the heart of a human.
2. This set of actual imagined properties contains within it moral values as determined by the intention of God.
3. The actions of the imagined episode are considered REAL as spiritual qualities (properties) by Jesus Christ.
4. These real properties of heart, mind, and spirit will not manifest in time until they are carried out through action. They are in a very real sense timeless in that they have the potential to impact personal agency, but not necessarily so. In other words, may thoughts occur, but never make it into human activity. We dismiss them by them ignoring them, thereby keeping them timeless and temporary, in the sense that they cease to be held by us when we don't think about them anymore. Such are the fleeting nature of thoughts, unless they are brought into permanence through action. (Time is a tricky concept, and I will abandon it for the moment.)
5. The word of God operates in this domain. /Consider Hebrews 4:12
Our ability to imagine serves as a canvas of the heart, and multiple sources may contribute to what we "paint" on it. These sources are:
1. Ourselves. We have the ability to cast our own thoughts on the canvas of our imagination.
2. God can put thoughts in our head, and we can see them.
3. The devil can put thoughts in our head, and we can hear from him.
4. Others can teach us, like authors, speakers, teachers, and pastors. We can imagine what they say, and internalize them are our own.
So how does the imagination form a SKY BRIDGE?
A bridge is a structure that connects one side to the other. Think for a moment about a rainbow stretching across the sky. It stands there suspended in the atmosphere, manifesting seven colors of light, testifying of the promise of God. This is an external sign that simply looks like a bridge in the sky.
Now, think of your imagination as an internal spiritual screen; like a car windshield, with wipers, that move in the same pattern as the rainbow: a bow in the mind. Now consider when you imagine anything in your mind, you SEE it. This ability to see something imagined is actually seeing the unseen. No one else save God can see it. This vision within imagination gives us the power to create that something of spiritual substance and bring it forward in time and space by making it.
There is a choice between acting on one's thoughts, and negating them. We consider this the material point.
Now, let us move more deeply in the things of Christ.
For those of us who have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior a few key conditions exist that unlock an understanding of our identity and ability within Jesus, as Son's of God.
If we have received Jesus Christ, then we:
1. Are born again of God. 1 John 1:12
2. Have God living in us. 1 Cor. 3:16
3. Has God given new vision into spiritual realms. 2 Cor. 3:16.
4. Are called to live by the Spirit. Gal. 5:16.
5. Have received power to watch Jesus. Acts. 1:8
6. Are taught by Holy Spirit. John 14:26.
7. Receive the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:16.
Now if these conditions are indeed present, then we have access to REVELATION. Revelation is here defined as those thoughts of God that are imparted to us understand Him, know Him, and know what He is showing us to do. As it says in scripture, "The righteous shall live by faith."
The Abraham Key
Did you catch it? What we hope...for...? What we do not see? See, the KEY alluded to by ABRAHAM, who marched out into the desert to find the city of God, yet found nothing! God showed Him Zion, and He went to find it, even though it had not yet been made manifest on the earth! Hebrews 11:10
We too, then, like Abraham, are given thoughts to behold, and actions to respond with to those thoughts. This is what Jesus mean't when He said the following:
Jesus says in John 4
The conclusion is this: when we live by the spirit, we behold the invisible, in the domain of our imagination, and it forms a bridge, like a sky bridge, to empower us to see what is unseen. Israel saw the sky bridge in action, prior to the indwelling of Holy Spirit, and it is called Jacob's ladder. As ambassadors of Jesus Christ, we are called to manifest Heaven on Earth. How else can God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, if He has chosen to limit Himself at this time to the actions of the Bride of Christ?
Look what Jesus says then in Matthew 5.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
Now one may ask is it possible for anyone to have a pure heart on this side of death? The answer is ABSOLUTELY. The power blood of Christ is able to make clean and transform that which has been declared unacceptable by the Law of God. When it is applied, God sees the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as accredited by faith to our account.
Do you want to see in the spirit? Then ask God to cleanse your heart, cleanse your conscience, and fill your imagination with His thoughts. When you do, you might be surprised what you see when He actually releases the anointing of His revelation on you. Consider 1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.